The ArbNet Arboretum Accreditation Program and The Morton Arboretum are pleased to announce that Helen Avalynne Tawes Garden in Annapolis, MD has been awarded a Level I Accreditation. By achieving particular standards of professional practices deemed important for arboreta and botanic gardens, Tawes Garden is now recognized as an accredited arboretum in The Morton Register of Arboreta.
Articles and stories
Science and conservation
- The Morton Arboretum welcomes a new scientist to its research staff. Dr. Jake Miesbauer joined the Arboretum on June 17 as a Research Arborist. In this newly established role, Miesbauer will help launch a new research program primarily focused on improving the health and safety of urban trees through practical topics.
- Dr. Gerard T. Donnelly, President and CEO of The Morton Arboretum, is the 2013 recipient of the most prestigious honor conferred by the American Public Gardens Association (APGA).
- The Arboretum’s new tree breeder has his eye on the landscapes of the future.
- The growing season is a time for the Arboretum’s researchers to grow knowledge.
- It’s the gardener’s prerogative to decide what to plant. But what we don’t plant is important too.