LISLE, Ill. (May 28, 2014) — Celebrate the arrival of summer with a nostalgic drive-in movie at The Morton Arboretum. Relax in your car, under the stars to watch favorite movies on a larger-than-life screen set against the Arboretum’s trees. Families and kids of all ages will enjoy “The Lorax” Friday, June 6. Based on the beloved Dr. Seuss book, this animated film features the voices of Danny DeVito, Zac Efron and Betty White and brings into focus the importance of conservation and protecting the environment. Saturday, June 7 will bring the cult classic “The Goonies.” Approaching its 30th anniversary, the comedic adventure story of young treasure seekers stars Sean Astin, Josh Brolin and Corey Feldman.
Articles and stories
- LISLE, Ill. (May 22, 2014) — Get ready for a Tree-mendous Summer at The Morton Arboretum! The Morton Arboretum is celebrating summer with a slate of new events and returning favorites for all ages and interests. From reliving the nostalgia of a drive-in movie to a series of new festivals highlighting cultures around the world, the Arboretum is the place to be this summer.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 15, 2014) – On Saturday, May 10, more than 300 guests supported the tree-focused work of The Morton Arboretum during the annual fundraising Dinner Party that this year featured the theme of Art & Science. The event raised $230,000 in support of the Arboretum’s programs and its mission to save and plant trees for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 12, 2014)— The Morton Arboretum has released a new handbook, “Retrofitting Large Landscapes for Sustainability,” offering industry professionals guidelines and ideas to help incorporate sustainable practices into landscape design. Developed for property managers, homeowner associations, school and park district boards and other stewards of large properties, the free manual highlights cost-effective ways to make landscapes easier to maintain, while reducing landscapes’ adverse impacts on the environment. In addition, the handbook addresses alternatives to chemical treatments as well as the importance of selecting plants to suit the given climate and conditions.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 7, 2014) —National Public Gardens Day on Friday, May 9 is a chance to celebrate the country’s public gardens, recognizing the critical role gardens and arboreta play in championing environmental stewardship as well as the importance of conservation and education. A living museum of trees from around the world, The Morton Arboretum encourages the public to take part in this special day by visiting its 1,700-acre grounds and enjoying the springtime sights as well as a host of events.
- LISLE, Ill. (May 7, 2014) —The Morton Arboretum is the place to be during summer’s sunny days and balmy nights. Join us for a “Tree-Mendous Summer,” with the new Travel America Summer Festival and the new Destination Asia Summer Festival, weekend-long celebrations with themed food, live music, performances, and family activities.