Experience traditional maple tapping and the making of maple syrup in all its stages at our Syrup Tree and Silver Dollar Brunch. This family favorite takes place during several hour and a half sessions from 10 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22.
Articles and stories
- Registration is now open for The Morton Arboretum’s 2015 Summer Science Camp, which promotes active learning and outdoor exploration all summer long. This season features more than 120 camps for kids in kindergarten through 8th grade, including six brand-new offerings.
- With more than 8,000 tree species threatened with extinction, an urgent need exists for botanical gardens to protect threatened trees in dedicated conservation collections. A new report published in the international conservation journal Oryx offers strategies and guidelines to help botanical gardens strengthen the conservation value of their tree collections.
- The Morton Arboretum has appointed Matt Lobdell as the institution’s new curator and head of collections.
- The Chicago Wilderness alliance recently honored The Morton Arboretum for achieving the Excellence in Ecological Restoration accreditation. The Chicago Wilderness Excellence in Ecological Restoration program showcases excellence in conservation leadership and site-based restoration by recognizing high-quality natural areas and the organizations that manage them.
- The ArbNet team is pleased to announce the launch of an updated ArbNet website, featuring a new look and feel with improved functionality. Users will now find it easier to locate ArbNet’s most sought-after information, now organized around “channels”: Accreditation, Morton Register, Resources and News.