The Chicago Wilderness alliance recently honored The Morton Arboretum for achieving the Excellence in Ecological Restoration accreditation. The Chicago Wilderness Excellence in Ecological Restoration program showcases excellence in conservation leadership and site-based restoration by recognizing high-quality natural areas and the organizations that manage them.
Articles and stories
- March will mark the return of The Morton Arboretum’s popular Edible Gardening Workshop series, which will showcase unique ideas, resources and techniques for incorporating edible plants and trees into landscapes and home gardens. The five-part series taking place Saturdays throughout March and April will be led by top gardening experts including Bill Shores, manager for Rick Bayless’ organic garden, and “Kiss My Aster” author Amanda Thomsen.
- The Morton Arboretum welcomes back its popular Enchanted Railroad this January with a new theme celebrating the seasons. Opening January 17, the 13th annual event will feature a larger-than-life platform with two levels and 12 toy trains, including miniature replicas of Chicago’s familiar Metra and Amtrak trains.
- The ArbNet team is pleased to announce the launch of an updated ArbNet website, featuring a new look and feel with improved functionality. Users will now find it easier to locate ArbNet’s most sought-after information, now organized around “channels”: Accreditation, Morton Register, Resources and News.
- This winter, The Morton Arboretum offers indoor and outdoor events and programs to excite and inspire a love of nature. And for the first time, visitors can take advantage of new lower winter rates – enjoy Arboretum offerings and a slate of popular events through March 2015 for an everyday admission of $9 for adults, $8 for seniors and $6 for children.
- The Plant Clinic at The Morton Arboretum fields nearly 1,400 questions a year, and in the winter months, pruning is a popular topic. Best done during the winter, pruning is a simple task that will help your bushes and trees stay healthy all year long.