Be swept away by classical chamber music this winter, performed in The Morton Arboretum’s historic Thornhill Education Center. Enjoy intimate, Sunday afternoon concerts while overlooking a scenic vista, followed by a reception.
Articles and stories
- Tickets are now on sale for Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum, returning this November with more lights, sights and sounds that will transform a Chicago-area wintertime walk in the woods into a colorful, inspiring experience like no other.
- Swirls of brilliant colors and shapes will swim in gleaming glass orbs, capturing autumn’s boundless beauty as the fifth-annual Glass Pumpkin Patch event returns to The Morton Arboretum, October 14-18. Visitors are invited to explore a collection of more than 4,000 one-of-a-kind hand-blown glass pieces for sale during this popular event. Returning in 2015 is the “Farmer’s Market,” featuring blown-glass acorns and leaves as well as a bounty of hand-crafted glass fruits and vegetables.
- Children dash up a wooden plank way and climb ropes to a lookout where they can survey the woods beneath them, they scoop a handful of pond water with hopes of capturing a tiny tadpole in their cupped palms, and learn about the role of bees and other pollinators in fragrant flower gardens throughout the four-acre space.
- The Morton Arboretum celebrates its signature season with even more to offer visitors.
- The Morton Arboretum invites four-legged friends and their owners to roam 16 miles of woods, prairies and other natural landscapes during the Tails on the Trails event Saturday, September 12. Tails on the Trails will feature dog-frie’Pndly activities, including agility demonstrations and guided hikes through the grounds. Additionally, a pet expo will take place along Meadow Lake from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., rain or shine.