On Saturday, May 21, The Morton Arboretum welcomed nearly 400 guests to the Growing Brilliantly Dinner Party in support of the institution’s tree collections, research, and education programs. Emceed by tree champions Bill Kurtis and Donna LaPietra, the Arboretum’s annual fundraising event raised a record-breaking $410,760— funds that will allow the Arboretum to increase the impact of its tree-focused mission throughout the Chicago region and worldwide.
Articles and stories
- The Morton Arboretum is celebrating the long days and warm evenings of summer with fantastic exhibits, events and programs for the whole family. New this summer, take a journey through time with Ralph Waldo Emerson and Henry David Thoreau during the acclaimed outdoor walking play “Nature,” July 8-31. In late August, join us for a leisurely stroll around Meadow Lake while shopping from local artists during our first-ever Wine and Art Walk, August 27-28. And cyclists won’t want to miss the new Bikes, Branches and Bites event on August 13. Bike on vehicle-free roads, and enjoy live music and food trucks!
- Friday, May 6 is National Public Gardens Day, a chance to recognize the country’s public gardens and the key role they play in bringing awareness and support to important scientific and environmental research, conservation and education. To celebrate, The Morton Arboretum is offering reduced admission to all visitors all day long on May 6—$9 for adults, $8 for seniors and $6 for youth age 2-17—and the opportunity to take part in fun and educational events highlighting the importance of public gardens.
- The Morton Arboretum is partnering with the Illinois Tollway to enhance aesthetics and expand tree canopy coverage along the Illinois Tollway system
- To celebrate Arbor Day and inspire Chicagoans to “Be a Tree Champion,” staff from The Morton Arboretum and a team of volunteers will be taking to the streets on Friday, April 22 to place nearly 2,000 tags on city trees as part of the organization’s annual Tree Tagging Campaign.
- This April 29, Daley Plaza will go green during The Morton Arboretum’s second-annual Arbor Day Celebration and Pop-Up Plant Clinic. From 7 a.m. to 6 p.m., Chicagoans can learn how to be tree champions with free tree and plant advice from Arboretum experts, vote for their favorite tree, and witness a one-of-a-kind “living billboard”—a 30 X 10-foot-long visual of trees designed using more than 9,000 live plants. Additionally, leading tree care company Bartlett Tree Experts will hand out a limited number of saplings to visitors.