Articles and stories
- A tiny metallic green pest not even the size of a penny, the emerald ash borer hardly seems capable of the destruction it has brought to the area. But millions of significantly weakened and dead ash trees throughout the seven-county Chicago region tell a different story.
- Explore the centuries-old traditions and fascinating cultures of European countries at The Morton Arboretum’s Passport Europe Summer Festival, Saturday, September 6 and Sunday, September 7.
The Morton Arboretum welcomes winter with several holiday events, returning favorites, engaging classes, and fun family outings. Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum returns on November 21, with new features including the Symphony of Lights—where lights dance synchronized to the music of the Chicago Symphony Orchestra. In November and December, we invite music lovers to enjoy a classical concert with the Chamber Concert Series.
- Learn about the unique traditions of Asia at The Morton Arboretum’s new Destination Asia Summer Festival. The second of three new cultural festivals at the Arboretum this year, Destination Asia will exhibit traditional Asian music and dance, arts and athletic demonstrations, authentic cuisine, and the chance to explore the Arboretum’s China, Japan, and Korea tree collections.
- The Morton Arboretum wraps up its TREE-mendous Summer of events with a new festival, returning favorites, engaging classes and fun family outings. On September 6-7, visitors can discover old-world cultures and their charms in our new Passport Europe Summer Festival. Enjoy a hive of activity during Honey Bee Weekend at the Arboretum, September 20-21, and grab a leash and your pup as Tails on the Trails returns on September 13.
- The Morton Arboretum will host the second Urban Tree Conference, “Managing Urban Forests in a Changing Climate,” November 18-19, 2014 from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Geared to municipal foresters, arborists, landscape architects, and others who own, care for or plan for trees, this conference will examine the changes underway in our climate and the significant impact they have on the trees that comprise the urban and suburban forest.