The Morton Arboretum and the Perennial Plant Association will host “Ready! Set! Garden!,” a day-long symposium featuring top gardening experts and strategies and tips for the 2015 growing season. Taking place from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, February 28 at The Morton Arboretum, “Ready! Set! Garden!” will include something for gardeners of all backgrounds and interests.
Articles and stories
- Celebrate spring’s return at The Morton Arboretum with a slate of exciting events and programs that explore a season of buds and blooms as well as the Arboretum’s signature holiday, Arbor Day.
- The Morton Arboretum has appointed Matt Lobdell as the institution’s new curator and head of collections.
- The Chicago Wilderness alliance recently honored The Morton Arboretum for achieving the Excellence in Ecological Restoration accreditation. The Chicago Wilderness Excellence in Ecological Restoration program showcases excellence in conservation leadership and site-based restoration by recognizing high-quality natural areas and the organizations that manage them.
- March will mark the return of The Morton Arboretum’s popular Edible Gardening Workshop series, which will showcase unique ideas, resources and techniques for incorporating edible plants and trees into landscapes and home gardens. The five-part series taking place Saturdays throughout March and April will be led by top gardening experts including Bill Shores, manager for Rick Bayless’ organic garden, and “Kiss My Aster” author Amanda Thomsen.
- The Morton Arboretum welcomes back its popular Enchanted Railroad this January with a new theme celebrating the seasons. Opening January 17, the 13th annual event will feature a larger-than-life platform with two levels and 12 toy trains, including miniature replicas of Chicago’s familiar Metra and Amtrak trains.