Articles and stories
- The millennium-old art of bonsai is coming to The Morton Arboretum this September. Discover these imaginative miniatures for yourself as members of the Prairie State Bonsai Society show off their masterpieces and demonstrate the award-winning techniques.
- Dr. Bryant Scharenbroch, an urban soil scientist at The Morton Arboretum, is this year's recipient of the International Society of Arboriculture's (ISA) Early Career Scientist Award.
- The Fall Color Festival at The Morton Arboretum will get a running start as this year’s 10th annual Fall Color 5K Run & Walk and Kid’s Dash takes place on Sunday, October 6.
- See local artisan Richard Dlugo turn fallen wood from The Morton Arboretum into unique works of art at his wood turning demonstration, Saturday, August 3 and Sunday, August 4 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at The Arboretum Store. This event is free with Arboretum admission.
The ArbNet Arboretum Accreditation Program and The Morton Arboretum are pleased to announce that Helen Avalynne Tawes Garden in Annapolis, MD has been awarded a Level I Accreditation. By achieving particular standards of professional practices deemed important for arboreta and botanic gardens, Tawes Garden is now recognized as an accredited arboretum in The Morton Register of Arboreta.
- The Morton Arboretum is pleased to announce its 2013 Public Horticulture Internships have been granted to Morgan Harty of Gurnee, IL and Max Letizia of Clarendon Hills, IL.