This summer, follow the action – literally – of some time-honored stage productions during the unique Theatre-Hikes® program at The Morton Arboretum. On weekends from July through October, join the Three Musketeers, James and his giant peach, Mark Twain, Dracula and their cohorts as they share their stories during a beautiful nature hike under the Arboretum’s canopy of trees. As the plays progress, actors and the audience alike will move through the Arboretum’s grounds, using nature as the backdrop.
Articles and stories
- The Children’s Garden is always growing and changing with the seasons.
- This winter, The Morton Arboretum is inviting you to see trees in a different light with the debut of Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. From November 22, 2013 to January 4, 2014, the Arboretum’s celebrated treescape will be transformed into an interactive light experience unlike any seen before in the Chicagoland area.
- This Father’s Day, treat Dad and family to a southern BBQ and live music at The Morton Arboretum.
- The Morton Arboretum, in partnership with the Alliance for Community Trees and Treetures® Environmental Education Program, is pleased to announce that three Chicago-area students are winners of a national essay contest, “What Did the Tree See?”
- Grab your friends and head outside for The Morton Arboretum’s Wednesdays, Woods & Wine on Wednesdays, June 5 through August 21, from 5:30 to 8 p.m.