Articles and stories
- LISLE, IL (April 9, 2013) – Celebrate Earth Day and Arbor Day at The Morton Arboretum through a full week of activities, April 21-28, including planting a tree on the Arboretum grounds with Curious George, busting myths at EcoFest and the annual Arbor Day Plant Sale."Celebrating Arbor Day is a way to teach our children—and remind adults, too—why trees matter and encourage them to plant and care for trees throughout their lifetimes," says Lesley Kolaya, manager of youth and family programs.
For Immediate Release
Editors: Photos Available
Live demonstrations take center stage at this year’s Nature Artists’ Guild spring exhibit at The Morton Arboretum.
For more than 25 years, the Nature Artists’ Guild of The Morton Arboretum has been showcasing its members’ talent in its annual spring exhibit. On Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7, 11 a.m.-4 p.m., visitors can enjoy this year’s exhibit of more than 100 original pieces. There will be artworks in a variety of media, some available for purchase.
- Live demonstrations take center stage at this year’s Nature Artists’ Guild spring exhibit at The Morton Arboretum.
- Climb a tree and watch professional arborist demonstrations at "Looking Up," The Morton Arboretum's Annual Dinner Party held on Saturday, May 18, 2013 at 6 p.m.
- The Sterling Morton Library is turning 50! To celebrate, the library is launching a new exhibit titled Tales and Treasures, showcasing 50 rare and unique objects from the library’s collections.
- LISLE, IL (February 27, 2013) – Help The Morton Arboretum plant and protect trees by participating in the 3rd annual Arbor Day 10K run Sunday, April 21, 2013.“It’s a challenging and picturesque course that winds over rolling terrain and through early spring woodlands,” says Pete Linsner, a past 10K participant. David Marin, a fellow runner, adds that he enjoys the challenge of this particular course. “The hills make the course interesting, and you really have to pace yourself.