Grab your friends and head outside for The Morton Arboretum’s Wednesdays, Woods & Wine on Wednesdays, June 5 through August 21, from 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Articles and stories
- As part of the annual Blue Star Museum program, The Morton Arboretum is offering free, year-round admission to active-duty service men or women with a valid ID. Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 1,800 museums across America to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel.
- Meadow Lake at The Morton Arboretum is being transformed into an outdoor adventure headquarters on Sunday, May 19, from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. With help from the experts at REI, visitors can learn new tips on new and favorite outdoor sports.
- LISLE, IL (April 30, 2013) – Larger-than-life insects are invading Chicagoland this summer, as The Morton Arboretum celebrates the world of bugs with David Rogers' Big Bugs exhibition.From May 10 - September 8, the Arboretum will be a hive of activity highlighting our insect world. Stare up in amazement at twelve larger-than-life insect sculptures and feel what it's like to be a bug!
- As Chicago presents a new plan to treat its ash trees for the Emerald ash borer, The Morton Arboretum wants to remind media and homeowners of the facts about these insects.
- LISLE, IL (April 19, 2013) - The Morton Arboretum will remain closed to the public Saturday and Sunday, April 20-21, 2013, due to extensive flooding. The Arboretum has been closed since Thursday, April 18.All public events, including the Arbor Day 10K and EcoFest, scheduled for Sunday, April 21, are canceled. All Saturday and Sunday classes are canceled. All Saturday and Sunday Scout programs and Children's Garden birthday parties are canceled.