The Morton Arboretum is pleased to announce its 2013 Public Horticulture Internships have been granted to Morgan Harty of Gurnee, IL and Max Letizia of Clarendon Hills, IL.
Articles and stories
- The Morton Arboretum welcomes a new scientist to its research staff. Dr. Jake Miesbauer joined the Arboretum on June 17 as a Research Arborist. In this newly established role, Miesbauer will help launch a new research program primarily focused on improving the health and safety of urban trees through practical topics.
- Dr. Gerard T. Donnelly, President and CEO of The Morton Arboretum, is the 2013 recipient of the most prestigious honor conferred by the American Public Gardens Association (APGA).
- This summer, follow the action – literally – of some time-honored stage productions during the unique Theatre-Hikes® program at The Morton Arboretum. On weekends from July through October, join the Three Musketeers, James and his giant peach, Mark Twain, Dracula and their cohorts as they share their stories during a beautiful nature hike under the Arboretum’s canopy of trees. As the plays progress, actors and the audience alike will move through the Arboretum’s grounds, using nature as the backdrop.
- The Children’s Garden is always growing and changing with the seasons.
- This winter, The Morton Arboretum is inviting you to see trees in a different light with the debut of Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. From November 22, 2013 to January 4, 2014, the Arboretum’s celebrated treescape will be transformed into an interactive light experience unlike any seen before in the Chicagoland area.