The Morton Arboretum is building a summer like no other with fantastic exhibits, events and programs for the whole family. On July 17, the Arboretum welcomes Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® bricks by Sean Kenney. Its first time in the Chicago area, the exhibit features 13 larger-than-life nature-themed displays painstakingly crafted from nearly half a million LEGO bricks.
Articles and stories
- The Morton Arboretum is recognizing Endangered Species Day, Friday, May 15, and Plant Conservation Day, Monday, May 18, with four days of specially-themed activities and programs.
- It takes only a short time to plant a tree, but how a tree is planted can have a lasting influence on its future growth. To help retailers, landscape architects, municipalities and homeowners select trees that will thrive for the future, The Morton Arboretum has introduced its updated guide to Selecting and Planting Trees, along with the new Northern Illinois Tree Species List, a comprehensive list of trees available for planting in northern Illinois.
- Chicago and its seven surrounding counties have more than 150 million trees – trees that make our communities healthier, more sustainable and more beautiful. Yet Chicago-area trees are under threat, with one of every five parkway trees likely to soon be destroyed by the emerald ash borer beetle. Chicago-area residents are concerned, as evidenced by a new survey commissioned by The Morton Arboretum. The Lisle-based tree-focused institution’s Talking Trees survey reveals just how much Chicago-area residents care about our trees and the future of our urban forest–the trees that live alongside people in our city and suburbs.
- Just as they need water and sunlight, trees need each and every one of us to thrive. This Arbor Day, The Morton Arboretum is bringing attention to the actions Chicagoans can take in their daily lives to care for trees–so crucial to the future of our city and region–with two public events taking place in Chicago.
- This summer will be built on fun as Nature Connects®: Art with LEGO® bricks by Sean Kenney debuts at The Morton Arboretum. LEGO fans of all ages will be dazzled by the exhibit that features larger-than-life sculptures of nature’s top attractions, carefully crafted from nearly half a million LEGO bricks by award-winning artist Sean Kenney.