Be swept away by classical chamber music this winter, performed in The Morton Arboretum’s historic Thornhill Education Center. Enjoy intimate, Sunday afternoon concerts while overlooking a scenic vista, followed by a reception.
Articles and stories
- Tickets are now on sale for Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum, returning this November with more lights, sights and sounds that will transform a Chicago-area wintertime walk in the woods into a colorful, inspiring experience like no other.
- Swirls of brilliant colors and shapes will swim in gleaming glass orbs, capturing autumn’s boundless beauty as the fifth-annual Glass Pumpkin Patch event returns to The Morton Arboretum, October 14-18. Visitors are invited to explore a collection of more than 4,000 one-of-a-kind hand-blown glass pieces for sale during this popular event. Returning in 2015 is the “Farmer’s Market,” featuring blown-glass acorns and leaves as well as a bounty of hand-crafted glass fruits and vegetables.
- The Morton Arboretum welcomes winter with festive holiday events, family-friendly outings sure to become traditions, classes for nature lovers, and more. The Arboretum’s one-of-a-kind lights experience, Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum, returns November 20 with new features as well as more lights and music.
- Children dash up a wooden plank way and climb ropes to a lookout where they can survey the woods beneath them, they scoop a handful of pond water with hopes of capturing a tiny tadpole in their cupped palms, and learn about the role of bees and other pollinators in fragrant flower gardens throughout the four-acre space.
- The Morton Arboretum celebrates its signature season with even more to offer visitors.
- Page 1