Don’t forget to keep watering as the season draws to a close. It’s especially important to water evergreens and any trees, shrubs, or perennials planted within the last two years, says Sharon Yiesla, Plant Clinic assistant at The Morton Arboretum.
Articles and stories
- Give your Thanksgiving leftovers a creative twist with these recipes from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc of the Ginkgo Restaurant. Or ditch the kitchen for a day and take the family out to The Morton Arboretum for lunch and a hike!
- Looking for a special spot to experience the height of fall color? Check out these staff suggestions for the best places to enjoy the color of autumn leaves.
- Some of the area’s best and most unique fall color can be found at the Arboretum this October; our Fall Color Scout offers viewing tips.
- The Morton Arboretum, in cooperation with the U.S. Forest Service, has today released the results of their “Urban Trees and Forests of the Chicago Region” study of trees in the seven-county Chicago region.
- Scientists from the Arboretum have been trotting the globe this year contributing their data to worldwide research on trees, plants, and tree care.