If you make sure your Christmas tree is recycled into mulch or compost to improve soil and protect plants, you’ll know it didn’t go to waste.
Articles and stories
- Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum is here! And to make your experience the absolute best it can be, we’d love to share a few tips.
- Keeping notes (or taking pictures) is a big help in planning to improve your garden. The soil may now be frozen and the weather may be frightful, but it’s not too late to jot down your memories of what worked and what didn't in the past gardening year.
- Whether it’s hugging a juniper to watch it glow brighter or spinning a wheel to splash color across a canvas of evergreens, Illumination is a spectacle for the senses. But one feature at this year’s event will be trying hard not to catch your eye: Glowman, hidden along the Illumination trail.
- Your own backyard can provide a bounty of beauty for autumn decorating, including a centerpiece for the Thanksgiving table.
- October is a spectacular month to check out The Morton Arboretum and our abundant fall color. Enhance your trip to the Arboretum by tuning into these beautiful classical music selections while traveling our 16 miles of trails or winding around our 9 miles of paved roads.