In a forest, a tree can live for more than 100 years. But space-deprived and stressed trees in cities and suburbs may survive for only 15 years unless they receive special attention.
Articles and stories
- Threats from invasive species are some of the biggest challenges facing our natural areas today.
- As kids head back to school, the sun sets earlier, and colder winds return, the Arboretum’s woods and prairies are hopping with activity.
- Youth and family can experience the outdoors-and get fit doing it.
- Kids and kids at heart gather around docents at the new Discovery Cart, waiting for a story.
- Join us this holiday season as The Morton Arboretum is transformed into an interactive wonderland of color and light during its first-ever winter lights event, Illumination: See Trees in a Different Light.