Beautiful colors and bountiful flavors help you savor this delicious season.
Articles and stories
- Adventure for the whole family. Here’s how to enjoy autumn at The Morton Arboretum.
- The Morton Arboretum celebrates autumn like no other place in the Chicago area, with brilliant fall color in trees from around the world. Bring the whole family to soak in the cool, crisp weather and the changing of the seasons in nature at the annual Fall Color Festival through October 28.
- By the time symptoms are obvious, borers may have been at work on a tree for months or years and it may be too late to stop them. Treating while an ash tree still seems healthy may forestall an infestation.
- Where did the emerald ash borer come from? Listen to this podcast on which Andrea Dierich, Forest Pest Outreach and Survey Project Coordinator at The Morton Arboretum, explains about the origins and life cycle of this insect and how it destroys ash trees.
- If you have an ash tree, it’s time to make a decision about whether to try to save it from emerald ash borer infestation with insecticide treatments. The Arboretum has a new brochure for homeowners and a new guide for communities on how to deal with this insect scourge attacking one of our most common trees.