The same pots that burst with bright annuals this summer can provide color, texture, and interest this winter, according to Abigail Rea, manager of horticulture at The Morton Arboretum. Many of the materials can be found right in your garden. Rea offers tips for interesting holiday containers.
Articles and stories
- Stressed and looking for a prescription for tranquility? Consider a long quiet walk through the woods.
- Shop The Arboretum Store's selection of all-natural outdoor holiday wreaths. Pre-order your holiday wreaths through The Arboretum Store or stop by for the annual Holiday Wreath Sale, Friday, Nov. 29 through Saturday, Dec. 21.
- Make your Thanksgiving meal one to remember with these recipe ideas from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc, the mastermind in The Morton Arboretum's Ginkgo Restaurant kitchen.
- The Morton Arboretum provides tips for safely decorating your yard with holiday lights this fall, taking care to avoid harming people or plants.
- Don’t forget to keep watering as the season draws to a close. It’s especially important to water evergreens and any trees, shrubs, or perennials planted within the last two years, says Sharon Yiesla, Plant Clinic assistant at The Morton Arboretum.