The same pots that burst with bright annuals this summer can provide color, texture, and interest this winter, according to Abigail Rea, manager of horticulture at The Morton Arboretum. Many of the materials can be found right in your garden. Rea offers tips for interesting holiday containers.
Articles and stories
- Stressed and looking for a prescription for tranquility? Consider a long quiet walk through the woods.
- Have a nature lover on your gift list this season? Check out The Arboretum Store for unique presents, perfect for the whole family - including these new items: Illumination 2013 limited edition ornament, Custom journal, 2014 “A Place for all Seasons” calendar, and That Tree: An iPhone Photo Journal Documenting a Year in the Life of a Lonely Bur Oak by Mark Hirsch.
- Shop The Arboretum Store's selection of all-natural outdoor holiday wreaths. Pre-order your holiday wreaths through The Arboretum Store or stop by for the annual Holiday Wreath Sale, Friday, Nov. 29 through Saturday, Dec. 21.
- Make your Thanksgiving meal one to remember with these recipe ideas from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc, the mastermind in The Morton Arboretum's Ginkgo Restaurant kitchen.
- The Morton Arboretum provides tips for safely decorating your yard with holiday lights this fall, taking care to avoid harming people or plants.