In summer, the garden is abuzz with insect life. Most insects are harmless or beneficial to plants, but a few can cause considerable damage, says Sharon Yiesla, Plant Clinic assistant. You should monitor your garden for problems and insects you don’t recognize.
Articles and stories
- This Father’s Day, find a gift dad will love at The Arboretum Store, which features hundreds of distinctive, nature-themed items.
- So, you’ve finished your spring plantings of trees, shrubs, and perennials. Now it’s time to care for them so they get a good start.
- Chicago and its seven surrounding counties have more than 150 million trees – trees that make our communities healthier, more sustainable and more beautiful. Yet Chicago-area trees are under threat, with one of every five parkway trees likely to soon be destroyed by the emerald ash borer beetle.
- This year, The Morton Arboretum celebrated its signature holiday, Arbor Day, with a host of exciting events.
- Trees need champions every day. How can you stand up for trees? Here are some concrete suggestions for how you can help the trees in your yard, your neighborhood, and your community.