Late winter is an excellent time to prune shrubs and trees, while they are safely dormant.
Articles and stories
- Force branches of flowering shrubs indoors for an early shot of spring bloom.
- Maples are one of the most prominent trees in any Midwestern landscape, certainly on our grounds here at The Morton Arboretum.
- The new Crescendo sugar maple from Chicagoland Grows® could make an excellent replacement for ash trees lost to emerald ash borer.
- Never mind the cold: Arb staff offer five tips for the best winter workout clothes designed to make outdoor exercise as comfortable as possible.
- Learn more about how plants from China have entered our gardens and how plants are responding to climate change.