So, you’ve finished your spring plantings of trees, shrubs, and perennials. Now it’s time to care for them so they get a good start.
Articles and stories
- Chicago and its seven surrounding counties have more than 150 million trees – trees that make our communities healthier, more sustainable and more beautiful. Yet Chicago-area trees are under threat, with one of every five parkway trees likely to soon be destroyed by the emerald ash borer beetle.
- This year, The Morton Arboretum celebrated its signature holiday, Arbor Day, with a host of exciting events.
- Trees need champions every day. How can you stand up for trees? Here are some concrete suggestions for how you can help the trees in your yard, your neighborhood, and your community.
- Trees need our help to live long and strong. As we look forward to Arbor Day on Friday, April 24, here are a few things you can do to help the trees in your yard and your neighborhood.
- The Morton Arboretum has a long and storied history. Originally the estate of the Morton family, owners of Chicago-based Morton Salt Company, the Arboretum is a place where scientists, architects, artists and others have left lasting impressions, helping to carry the Arboretum forward in its mission to protect, care for and plant trees.