On Saturday, October 4, spend your afternoon sipping brews from more than 40 Midwest and national breweries at the Arboretum’s inaugural Craft Beer Festival.
Articles and stories
- Calling all parents of little ones! Pack up your strollers, buckle in the kids, and head to The Morton Arboretum for our new stroller-based fitness classes. Join us from 9:45 to 10:45 a.m. on Friday mornings in September and October as Kim Cuenca of Roots 2 Wings Yoga leads participants and their strollers through a fun fitness routine.
- The honey bee may be little, but its job is anything but small. In fact, more than 75 percent of the food crops we eat rely on honey bees to grow. The Morton Arboretum relies on honey bees in the same way, relying on the little insects to produce the thousands of plants and trees on our grounds.
- With nine miles of roads and 16 miles of hiking trails, The Morton Arboretum is an outdoor oasis. Every day of the year, the Arboretum’s beautiful scenery, challenging hills and shaded roads and trails beckon visitors to explore its 1,700 acres – whether hiking the trails, or biking or running the roads.
- As part of the Arboretum’s Savor the Seasons Dinner Series, The Morton Arboretum is hosting an elegant Farm to Table Dinner on Friday, August 15 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. This one-of-a-kind meal features fresh, local ingredients expertly prepared and served under the new White Pine Pavilion, located just east of the Hedge Garden on the Concert Lawn and offers diners the opportunity to spend a late summer evening under the stars, while enjoying delicious farm-fresh food and music from acoustic classical guitarist Neil Dixon Smith.
- There’s no better place to be on a hot August day than the shade of a tree. It’s cool and green, full of music from the rustling of leaves and the song of birds. No stress can last long under a tree. It’s true. Researchers have documented many ways that trees lift our spirits and help our health. So let’s enjoy the shade of the trees we have and protect them for summers to come.
- Page 1