Many have asked how the Arboretum created Illumination, our first-ever lights event. To bring our vision to life, the Arboretum partnered with top lighting design firm Lightswitch, a company that’s created lighting experiences for institutions around the world, including Virgin Galactic and the 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. We sat down with John Featherstone, Founder and Principal at Lightswitch to give our readers an inside look at the creation of this exhibition.
Articles and stories
- The same pots that burst with bright annuals this summer can provide color, texture, and interest this winter, according to Abigail Rea, manager of horticulture at The Morton Arboretum. Many of the materials can be found right in your garden. Rea offers tips for interesting holiday containers.
- Stressed and looking for a prescription for tranquility? Consider a long quiet walk through the woods.
- Don’t let your children’s learning hibernate. Treat them to our Winter Science Camp over the winter break, December 30-31 and January 2-4, 2013.
- Don’t forget to keep watering as the season draws to a close. It’s especially important to water evergreens and any trees, shrubs, or perennials planted within the last two years, says Sharon Yiesla, Plant Clinic assistant at The Morton Arboretum.
- Give your Thanksgiving leftovers a creative twist with these recipes from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc of the Ginkgo Restaurant. Or ditch the kitchen for a day and take the family out to The Morton Arboretum for lunch and a hike!