Wind up this year’s garden and get a start on next year’s.
Articles and stories
Trees and plants
- Now, at the end of the growing season, is the best opportunity to assess your garden and plan ahead as you do your last garden chores.
- By the time symptoms are obvious, borers may have been at work on a tree for months or years and it may be too late to stop them. Treating while an ash tree still seems healthy may forestall an infestation.
- Where did the emerald ash borer come from? Listen to this podcast on which Andrea Dierich, Forest Pest Outreach and Survey Project Coordinator at The Morton Arboretum, explains about the origins and life cycle of this insect and how it destroys ash trees.
- If you have an ash tree, it’s time to make a decision about whether to try to save it from emerald ash borer infestation with insecticide treatments. The Arboretum has a new brochure for homeowners and a new guide for communities on how to deal with this insect scourge attacking one of our most common trees.
- See if this is happening to the ash trees on your property.
- Page 6