Force branches of flowering shrubs indoors for an early shot of spring bloom.
Articles and stories
Trees and plants
- Maples are one of the most prominent trees in any Midwestern landscape, certainly on our grounds here at The Morton Arboretum.
- The new Crescendo sugar maple from Chicagoland Grows® could make an excellent replacement for ash trees lost to emerald ash borer.
- The Chicagoland Grows® plant introduction program will introduce three new plants at the Mid-Am American Horticultural Show in mid-January: Forever Pink Phlox, Phlox ‘Forever Pink’; Beijing Gold® (Syringa pekinensis ‘Zhang Zhiming’) Peking Tree Lilac and Crescendo™ (Acer saccharum ‘Morton’) Sugar Maple.
- Advance preparation is key to having a tree you can plant outdoors after the holiday.
- A family-fun trip to the tree farm goes best with this advice.