Late winter is an excellent time to prune shrubs and trees, while they are safely dormant.
Articles and stories
Trees and plants
- Force branches of flowering shrubs indoors for an early shot of spring bloom.
- Maples are one of the most prominent trees in any Midwestern landscape, certainly on our grounds here at The Morton Arboretum.
- The new Crescendo sugar maple from Chicagoland Grows® could make an excellent replacement for ash trees lost to emerald ash borer.
- Advance preparation is key to having a tree you can plant outdoors after the holiday.
- A family-fun trip to the tree farm goes best with this advice.