Force branches of flowering shrubs indoors for an early shot of spring bloom.
Articles and stories
Trees and plants
- Maples are one of the most prominent trees in any Midwestern landscape, certainly on our grounds here at The Morton Arboretum.
- The new Crescendo sugar maple from Chicagoland Grows® could make an excellent replacement for ash trees lost to emerald ash borer.
- Advance preparation is key to having a tree you can plant outdoors after the holiday.
- A family-fun trip to the tree farm goes best with this advice.
- Trees brought back from China find a home on the Arboretum’s grounds.