Don’t forget to keep watering as the season draws to a close. It’s especially important to water evergreens and any trees, shrubs, or perennials planted within the last two years, says Sharon Yiesla, Plant Clinic assistant at The Morton Arboretum.
Articles and stories
Trees and plants
- What’s your offensive garden strategy? For winning plants, keep an eye out for these pests and diseases this July.
- The Arboretum’s new tree breeder has his eye on the landscapes of the future.
- Turn to the Plant Clinic for advice to get your garden off to a great start.
- Think ahead in spring and plant shrubs you can enjoy all year long.
- It’s the gardener’s prerogative to decide what to plant. But what we don’t plant is important too.