The same pots that burst with bright annuals this summer can provide color, texture, and interest this winter, according to Abigail Rea, manager of horticulture at The Morton Arboretum. Many of the materials can be found right in your garden. Rea offers tips for interesting holiday containers.
Articles and stories
Trees and plants
- The Morton Arboretum provides tips for safely decorating your yard with holiday lights this fall, taking care to avoid harming people or plants.
- Don’t forget to keep watering as the season draws to a close. It’s especially important to water evergreens and any trees, shrubs, or perennials planted within the last two years, says Sharon Yiesla, Plant Clinic assistant at The Morton Arboretum.
- What’s your offensive garden strategy? For winning plants, keep an eye out for these pests and diseases this July.
- Keep your garden looking great with these easy maintenance tips.
- The Arboretum’s new tree breeder has his eye on the landscapes of the future.