The Morton Arboretum has received accreditation from the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the highest national recognition for a museum. Accreditation signifies excellence to the public as well as the Arboretum’s funding audience, professional community and government and other agencies.
Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- Have fun in the kitchen and learn to be a chocolatier, just like the pros!
- Never mind the cold: Arb staff offer five tips for the best winter workout clothes designed to make outdoor exercise as comfortable as possible.
- Don’t hibernate this winter. Get your family outdoors and discover this season’s exciting elements. From snowshoeing to scavenger hunts for kids, The Morton Arboretum presents a great selection of outdoor activities and classes to help you chill out and head outdoors.Here’s a look at some of our winter offerings:
- Adults can explore the woodlands and see how animals adapt to cold, learn the biology of birds and improve your plant identification skills through our natural history and ornithology classes. Want to explore your creativity?
- Regular visitors enjoy the culinary creativity of the Ginkgo Restaurant, with its new and delicious menus for each season.
- The Ginkgo Restaurant’s new composting initiative results in a significant reduction of garbage output.