The Sterling Morton Library is turning 50!
Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- Art lovers can find original, nature-inspired artwork for sale in The Arboretum Store year-round.
- The Morton Arboretum has received accreditation from the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the highest national recognition for a museum. Accreditation signifies excellence to the public as well as the Arboretum’s funding audience, professional community and government and other agencies.
- Have fun in the kitchen and learn to be a chocolatier, just like the pros!
- Never mind the cold: Arb staff offer five tips for the best winter workout clothes designed to make outdoor exercise as comfortable as possible.
- Hunting for gnomes in the Children’s Garden is a fun way to explore in the winter time. Finding all 15 will take families throughout the garden, but finding just a few is also fun. Gnomes, descended from woodland spirits in Northern European folklore, have become familiar figures in gardens all over the world.