This winter, The Morton Arboretum is inviting you to see trees in a different light with the debut of Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. From November 22, 2013 to January 4, 2014, the Arboretum’s celebrated treescape will be transformed into an interactive light experience unlike any seen before in the Chicagoland area.
Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- The Children’s Garden is always growing and changing. Come see what’s new!
- Walk along with the action as your favorite literary tales are performed live among 1,700 acres of trees and beautiful landscapes with Theatre-Hikes®.
- As part of the annual Blue Star Museum program, The Morton Arboretum is offering free, year-round admission to active-duty service men or women with a valid ID. Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 1,800 museums across America to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Arboretum’s spring landscape with these wonderful walks.
- The Sterling Morton Library is turning 50! To celebrate, the library is launching a new exhibit titled Tales and Treasures, showcasing 50 rare and unique objects from the library’s collections.