Bike nine miles of paved roads that wind through our magnificent tree collections.
Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- Cool off this summer with a water tour of the Children’s Garden
- Explore some of the Arboretum’s coolest destinations.
- This summer, follow the action – literally – of some time-honored stage productions during the unique Theatre-Hikes® program at The Morton Arboretum. On weekends from July through October, join the Three Musketeers, James and his giant peach, Mark Twain, Dracula and their cohorts as they share their stories during a beautiful nature hike under the Arboretum’s canopy of trees. As the plays progress, actors and the audience alike will move through the Arboretum’s grounds, using nature as the backdrop.
- The Children’s Garden is always growing and changing with the seasons.
- This winter, The Morton Arboretum is inviting you to see trees in a different light with the debut of Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. From November 22, 2013 to January 4, 2014, the Arboretum’s celebrated treescape will be transformed into an interactive light experience unlike any seen before in the Chicagoland area.