When Ray Schulenberg and other Morton Arboretum staff members set out to recreate a prairie on an eight-acre patch of farmland 51 years ago, there were no instructions to follow.
Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- Late summer is the best time to enjoy the Schulenberg Prairie, and imagine what the Illinois landscape was like when the settlers arrived in this rippling sea of grasses and other plants.
- As part of the annual Blue Star Museum program, The Morton Arboretum is offering free, year-round admission to active-duty service men or women with a valid ID. Blue Star Museums is a collaboration among the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, the Department of Defense, and more than 1,800 museums across America to offer free admission to all active duty military personnel.
- Immerse yourself in the beauty of the Arboretum’s spring landscape with these wonderful walks.
- The Morton Arboretum has received accreditation from the American Alliance of Museums (AAM), the highest national recognition for a museum. Accreditation signifies excellence to the public as well as the Arboretum’s funding audience, professional community and government and other agencies.
- Never mind the cold: Arb staff offer five tips for the best winter workout clothes designed to make outdoor exercise as comfortable as possible.