Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- Shop The Arboretum Store's selection of all-natural outdoor holiday wreaths. Pre-order your holiday wreaths through The Arboretum Store or stop by for the annual Holiday Wreath Sale, Friday, Nov. 29 through Saturday, Dec. 21.
- Top five Thanksgiving hikes at The Morton Arboretum. Get out and explore the Arboretum's 16 miles of paved or wood-chipped trails.
- Make your Thanksgiving meal one to remember with these recipe ideas from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc, the mastermind in The Morton Arboretum's Ginkgo Restaurant kitchen.
- Give your Thanksgiving leftovers a creative twist with these recipes from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc of the Ginkgo Restaurant. Or ditch the kitchen for a day and take the family out to The Morton Arboretum for lunch and a hike!
LISLE, IL (November 1, 2013) – All aboard for The Morton Arboretum’s annual Enchanted Railroad, open Friday, November 22 to Monday, January 6 (closed Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day).
Keeping the youngest train enthusiasts in mind, this model train display is designed to be easily seen from two feet off the ground. There are two levels of trains, with trains traveling between the levels and around the Enchantment Tree.
The LGB Model Railroad Club designs, installs and runs the exhibit. Now in its 12th year, attendance has grown to over 23,000 in 2012.
- After months of development and testing, The Morton Arboretum’s updated website is here. Our improved site has a fresh look and even more easy-to-discover information about events, classes, favorite places, and more. Thanks to our responsive design, you will even be able to access our entire site on a Smartphone or tablet as well as a desktop computer.