Many have asked how the Arboretum created Illumination, our first lights event. To bring our vision to life, the Arboretum partnered with top lighting design firm Lightswitch, a company that’s created lighting experiences for institutions around the world, including Virgin Galactic and the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge.
Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- The Chicagoland media is abuzz about Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. Read our rave reviews then come experience it for yourself.
- Illumination will engage your senses with dazzling projections, trees that respond to your touch and sound, and vivid, electric colors throughout.
- Make your Thanksgiving meal one to remember with these recipe ideas from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc, the mastermind in The Morton Arboretum's Ginkgo Restaurant kitchen.
- Give your Thanksgiving leftovers a creative twist with these recipes from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc of the Ginkgo Restaurant. Or ditch the kitchen for a day and take the family out to The Morton Arboretum for lunch and a hike!
- Each year, The Morton Arboretum’s trees are a prime stop for area leaf-peepers, as many of the Arboretum’s 4,200 varieties of trees turn a brilliant palette of vibrant reds, oranges and golds. Ed Hedborn is the Arboretum’s official Fall Color Scout and reports on the Arboretum’s color each week during the season.