Many have asked how the Arboretum created Illumination, our first lights event. To bring our vision to life, the Arboretum partnered with top lighting design firm Lightswitch, a company that’s created lighting experiences for institutions around the world, including Virgin Galactic and the 75th anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. We sat down with John Featherstone, founder and principal at Lightswitch, to give our readers an inside look at the creation of this exhibition.
Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- The Chicagoland media is abuzz about Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. Read our rave reviews then come experience it for yourself.
- Stressed and looking for a prescription for tranquility? Consider a long quiet walk through the woods.
- Have a nature lover on your gift list this season? Check out The Arboretum Store for unique presents, perfect for the whole family - including these new items: Illumination 2013 limited edition ornament, Custom journal, 2014 “A Place for all Seasons” calendar, and That Tree: An iPhone Photo Journal Documenting a Year in the Life of a Lonely Bur Oak by Mark Hirsch.
- Shop The Arboretum Store's selection of all-natural outdoor holiday wreaths. Pre-order your holiday wreaths through The Arboretum Store or stop by for the annual Holiday Wreath Sale, Friday, Nov. 29 through Saturday, Dec. 21.
- Make your Thanksgiving meal one to remember with these recipe ideas from Chef Jean-Louis Clerc, the mastermind in The Morton Arboretum's Ginkgo Restaurant kitchen.