Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- Many have asked how the Arboretum created Illumination, our first-ever lights event. To bring our vision to life, the Arboretum partnered with top lighting design firm Lightswitch, a company that’s created lighting experiences for institutions around the world, including Virgin Galactic and the 75th Anniversary of the Golden Gate Bridge. We sat down with John Featherstone, Founder and Principal at Lightswitch to give our readers an inside look at the creation of this exhibition.
- The Chicagoland media is already abuzz about Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. Read our rave reviews then come experience it for yourself.
- Illumination will engage your senses with dazzling projections, trees that respond to your touch and sound, and vivid, electric colors throughout.
- Stressed and looking for a prescription for tranquility? Consider a long quiet walk through the woods.
LISLE, IL (November 8, 2013)—The Morton Arboretum will allow U.S. Military Veterans admission free of charge with their Veteran's ID card in honor of Veteran’s Day Monday, November 11. Free admission is to acknowledge the many contributions veterans have given their country. The free admission is for this one day only and includes veterans only, not others in their car.
The program is in addition to our program for active military personnel and their immediate families who can visit the Arboretum free of charge any day of the year with proper ID.
- Illumination: Tree Lights at the Morton Arboretum opens November 22, 2013. This is a unique lights event, which will offer an experience unlike any other in the area, showcasing the beauty of the Arboretum with dazzling projections, trees that respond to touch and sound, and vivid, electric colors throughout.