Articles and stories
Visit and explore
- The Chicagoland media is already abuzz about Illumination: Tree Lights at The Morton Arboretum. Read our rave reviews then come experience it for yourself.
- Illumination will engage your senses with dazzling projections, trees that respond to your touch and sound, and vivid, electric colors throughout.
- Stressed and looking for a prescription for tranquility? Consider a long quiet walk through the woods.
LISLE, IL (November 8, 2013)—The Morton Arboretum will allow U.S. Military Veterans admission free of charge with their Veteran's ID card in honor of Veteran’s Day Monday, November 11. Free admission is to acknowledge the many contributions veterans have given their country. The free admission is for this one day only and includes veterans only, not others in their car.
The program is in addition to our program for active military personnel and their immediate families who can visit the Arboretum free of charge any day of the year with proper ID.
- Illumination: Tree Lights at the Morton Arboretum opens November 22, 2013. This is a unique lights event, which will offer an experience unlike any other in the area, showcasing the beauty of the Arboretum with dazzling projections, trees that respond to touch and sound, and vivid, electric colors throughout.
- Have a nature lover on your gift list this season? Check out The Arboretum Store for unique presents, perfect for the whole family - including these new items: Illumination 2013 limited edition ornament, Custom journal, 2014 “A Place for all Seasons” calendar, and That Tree: An iPhone Photo Journal Documenting a Year in the Life of a Lonely Bur Oak by Mark Hirsch.