The analysis of the Tree Census data is complete. The report is currently being reviewed and published by the USDA Forest Service, available Spring 2013. The Executive Summary is currently available.
Just as the U.S. Census counts people to help us make decisions about community needs, the Tree Census results will help guide decisions about caring for the urban forest.
These decisions will impact quality of life in the region for many years to come.
- Develop a regional urban forest strategy that maximizes benefits for enhanced quality of life.
- Justify further investment, protection, and consideration of the urban forest.
- Serve as a foundation for urban forest management decisions.
- Create greater awareness of the breadth, diversity and scope of the urban forest as a connected canopy of trees.
- Results can be used to inform regional planning projects, such as GoTo2040 long term regional plan developed by the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning.