In the Second Phase of the Tree Census, the data went to the U.S. Forest Service in October 2010. The data analysis was completed in spring 2011. It was analyzed using a software tool developed by the U.S. Forest Service, called i-Tree. Want to learn more about i-Tree?
- A study of Chicago's urban forest was made using an earlier version of i-Tree.
- Link to iTree Suite of tools
The results will give insight about the environmental functions that the urban forest performs, as well as its overall value. We are learning:
- How much pollution the urban forest removes from our air
- How much carbon it stores and sequesters
- How it impacts our energy consumption