Using the Library
Arboretum members, staff and volunteers can borrow books from the circulating collection. Non-members are invited to use resources in the library's reading room or request items from their local library via interlibrary loan.
- Books may be borrowed for 4 weeks.
- Up to six books may be checked out during a loan period.
- Books may be renewed for an additional 4 weeks.
- Special collections, periodicals and reference books do not circulate.
- Online: Log into your account on SWAN, the Library's online catalog.
- By phone: Call 630-719-7932 or 630-719-2430.
- In person: Bring your books to the circulation desk at the Library.
- Books should be returned to the circulation desk at the Library.
- If the Library is closed, books may be left at the Administration Building or Visitor Center Information Desk.
- Overdue fines: 10¢ a day.
- Photocopies: 20¢ each. Please allow 48 hours for high volume photocopying. Staff may not allow photocopying of fragile material.