Vanishing Acts: Trees Under Threat is an exhibit at The Morton Arboretum that provides an interpretative lesson plan focused on the importance of endangered trees. A teacher's guide, and other resources, are available for this unique exhibit. Find lesson plans for grades Pre-K through 12 within the downloadable guide provided. Or, select the grade-specific guide listed.
- Grades PreK-2 Vanishing Acts Teachers Guide Grades PreK-2
- Grades 3-5 Vanishing Acts Teachers Guide Grades 3-5
- Grades 6-8 Vanishing Acts Teachers Guide Grades 6-8
- Grades 9-12 Vanishing Acts Teachers Guide Grades 9-12
Ideas for the tree hero in us all. Find suggested websites and books to read more about endangered trees. Plus, find a sample letter to your senator and a pledge to protect trees.
Vanishing Acts Take Action
Children's Activity Booklet
Family or student activities for kids ages 3-10.
- Print individual pages: Recommended for at-home printing
Vanishing Acts Activity Guide Pages
- Print as booklet: Back-to-back printing for a folded booklet.
Vanishing Acts Activity Guide Booklet
Walking Tour Step-by-Step Guide: Guidelines for creating a custom tour of endangered plants at your site. Vanishing Acts Walking Tour Guide
Hands-on Interpretation Kit: Activity ideas for exploring objects. Available with exhibit.