Wednesdays, Woods, and Wine at The Morton Arboretum
Taste the Flavors of Summer Every Wednesday
LISLE, IL (June 20, 2012) – Clink your glasses, let’s make a toast! A summer favorite returns to The Morton Arboretum. The second annual Wednesdays, Woods, and Wine celebrates this warm season each Wednesday from June 6 to August 15 from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Enjoy drinks, food, and live entertainment at this summer social.
Every Wednesday at Arbor Court, guests savor award-winning Wente wine from Wente Estates, the featured wine sponsor of the Arboretum. Complementing the wine, an array of cheeses will be served to guests.
“This summer event gives adults that much needed break from their weekly summer routine,” says Jenelle Hardtke, Special Events Manager. “Whether it’s the after work crowd, a date night with that special someone or a ladies night with friends, Wednesdays, Woods, and Wine is the go-to place. The company of friends and drinks set in this outdoor setting allows guests to socialize and appreciate nature’s beauty.”
While satisfying your taste buds, you can listen to live music in this intimate, outdoor setting.
Each week, performers present quality entertainment right on the Ginkgo Veranda.
- June 27: “Frank and Dave” plays a variety of classic rock and current pop hits.
- July 11: “Midnight” a top-notch musical group, will play everything from pop hits to modern country to classic rock and disco songs.
- July 18: “Ralph Covert Trio” a trio of harmony vocals, will entertain guests with old and new songs using energetic and engaging arrangements.
- July 25: “Dooley Brothers” brings tunes of folk, jazz, Irish, swing and rock-n-roll.
- August 1: “28 Days” a musical group, will play a blend of rock, pop, country, techno, R&B, and pop music.
- August 8: “Pirates over 40” will take you away from the Midwest and create a tropical atmosphere with palm trees and sandy beaches.
- August 15: “Local Favorite,” brings a mix of classic and country rock.
Wednesdays, Woods and Wine is a 21-years-and-older event and is open to Arboretum members and the general public. Costs $15 ($10 for Arboretum members). Cost includes one glass of Wente wine, an array of cheeses, and live music entertainment. Seating is limited; visitors are encouraged to bring chairs or blankets for alternative seating options. For an additional purchase, an extensive tapas menu and full service bar is available for purchase. Arboretum admission is waived after 5 p.m. on the evenings of Wednesdays, Woods, and Wine.
The Morton Arboretum gratefully acknowledges our sponsors: Wente Family Estates, official wine sponsor of The Morton Arboretum and Whole Foods for their in-kind sponsorship.
About The Morton Arboretum
The Morton Arboretum is an internationally recognized outdoor tree museum on 1,700 acres. Plant collections, scientific research, and education programs support the mission to plant and conserve trees and other plants for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world. Throughout natural landscapes are specialty gardens, 16 miles of trails, and nine miles of roads. Other offerings include tree-focused events, activities, and services for adults, children, professionals, and communities. The Arboretum welcomes 800,000 visitors annually and serves 34,000 member households. Located 25 miles west of Chicago in Lisle, Illinois, the Arboretum is open daily 7 a.m. until sunset. More information is available at www.mortonarb.org or 630-968-0074.
# # #