The Origami in the Garden piece "Flight of Folds."
April 4, 2017
- This is the first time the Origami in the Garden has appeared in the Chicago area.
- The exhibition features 25 displays of 40 sculptures
- Tallest and heaviest sculpture: “Master Peace” representing the story of 1,000 cranes, reaches 24 feet into the air and the entire sculpture weighs more than 10,000 pounds
- The Master Peace sculpture took 10 years from the first conceptual sketch to the completed work
- Smallest sculpture: Armijo’s Mouse, part of the installation called Who Saw Who, is only 2 inches tall
- Never-before-seen: Seed Sower, a squirrel and acorn cast in metal and inspired by The Morton Arboretum