What do sword fights, magical produce, a giant frog, and Count Dracula have in common? They will all be at the Arboretum this summer and fall as part of our Theatre-Hikes® performances. Theatre-Hikes® bring the drama of the theater to the great outdoors on weekends and Columbus Day from July to October.
Theatre-Hikes® tickets are just $12 for member adults ($19 nonmember) and $8 for member children ($13 nonmember).
A new show debuts each month! Want to see all four shows? Purchase season tickets and save! Season tickets are $40 for member adults ($60 nonmember) and $25 for member children ($45 nonmember). Prices include admission. Click here to view our 2013 Theatre-Hikes® lineup.
Top 5 Tips for a Successful Theatre-Hikes Experience:
- If you and/or your little one aren’t up for a full hike, attend a low-impact hike on the first Sunday performance of each month (suitable for strollers, walkers, and wheelchairs).
- Each performance lasts approximately two and one-half hours so wear comfortable shoes and dress for the weather.
- Come prepared: Bring a folding chair or blanket, water bottle, snacks, and insect repellent.
- Allow yourself plenty of time to get to the show. Fall weekends are popular days for visitors. Please allow up to 45 minutes to park and walk to Thornhill Shelter (Parking Lot 21).
- Purchase your tickets before they’re gone! Don’t miss out on a great way to introduce yourself or your kids to the magic of the theater.
Looking for more summer ideas? Check out Wednesdays, Woods & Wine or the Father's Day BBQ.