On September 12, 2015 enjoy a "paw"fect day out with your pup as you meander down the Arboretum's 16 miles of hiking trails. Shop from local businesses and organizations in the pet expo, test out the agility course, and join us for guided hikes. Meet dogs available for adoption and inquire about volunteering with local pet shelters. Sign your pooch up for some doggy games, including the crowd-favorite peanut butter licking contest! Don't forget to pick up your free pet bandana at The Morton Arboretum booth at the vendor expo.
Tails on the Trails event is from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m., but dogs are allowed on the grounds from 7:00 a.m.-sunset for hiking.
Please adhere to the following rules while visiting The Morton Arboretum with your dog:
- Dogs must be attended and on a leash at all times.
- All dogs must have updated vaccinations and registrations.
- For the safety of both your pet and the natural environment, do not let dogs go off the marked trails.
- Please clean up after your pet, bags are available at the Visitor Center.
- Dogs are not allowed in the following locations:
Thornhill Educational Center
Administration Building and Research Center
- Restrooms for humans who need to bring their dogs with them can be found at the following locations:
Thornhill Picnic Shelter
Prairie Visitor Station
Big Rock Visitor Station
- Remember, pets are only admitted to The Morton Arboretum on specific event dates.
Join us on September 12, 2015
Meadow Lake Area
Programming from 10:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Dogs are welcome from 7:00 a.m.-sunset
$5 per dog
A portion of the proceeds are donated to local animal shelters.
Tails on the Trails Contributing Sponsors