Schedule and Location
Second Thursday of every month
Sterling Morton Library
Members enjoy a morning of community, connectivity, and spirited discussion. Leafing Through the Pages meets on the second Thursday of every month from 10 a.m. until noon in the Library, this group explores works of fiction and non-fiction relating to natural history, ecology and gardens. Participants are encouraged to read each month's selection prior to the gathering to fully share in the discussion.
2018 Reading and Viewing LIst
- January 11, 2018 – Egan, Dan. The Death and Life of the Great Lakes, 2017.
- February 8, 2018 – Crosby, Cindy. The Tallgrass Prairie : an introduction, 2017.
- March 8, 2018 – Duncan, Dayton and Ken Burns. The National Parks: America's best idea, 2009.
- April 12, 2018 – Before the Flood, 2017. (Viewing of this documentary will begin at 10:00 a.m. with the discussion to follow.)
- May 10, 2018 – Wohlleben, Peter. The Hidden Life of Trees : what they feel, how they communicate, discoveries from the secret world, 2016.
- June 14, 2018 – Pearson, Arthur. Force of Nature : George Fell, founder of the Natural Areas Movement, 2017.
- July 12, 2018 – Adams, Mark. Turn Right at Machu Picchu : rediscovering the lost city one step at a time, 2011.
- August 9, 2018 – Jans, Nick. A Wolf Called Romeo, 2014.
- September 13, 2018 – Tyson, Neil deGrasse. Astrophysics for People in a Hurry, 2017.
- October 11, 2018 – Croke, Vicki. The Lady and the Panda : the true adventures of the first American explorer to bring back China's most exotic animal, 2005.
- November 8, 2018 – Owen, David. Where the Water Goes : life and death along the Colorado River, 2017.
- December 13, 2018 – Poetry – At this gathering, each participant is invited to bring a nature-related poem/s to share and discuss.
Arboretum members only