Friday, August 18, 2017
6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
For kids ages 21 and older ONLY! Get in touch with your inner child at Grown-Up Play Date in the four-acre Children’s Garden on August 18, 2017
How to have the most summer fun:
- Kick off your shoes and splash in Wonder Pond
- Show off your strength as you move a 1-ton ball
- Take selfies with hidden garden gnomes
- Climb and slide on the roots playground
- Crawl through a shrinking tunnel and experience kaleidoscope of plants
- Pick up sidewalk chalk and create a masterpiece
- Play a game of giant jenga, connect 4, kerplunk, and other nostalgic games
- Sit down and learn to fold an origami tree or critter
- Challenge a friend to a game of hopscotch or tic-tac-toe
- Meet the Children's Garden friendly turtle, Trixie
- Sing along and dance to the music of a live band, Dick Diamond and the Dusters
Enjoy a taste from three local partners, featuring botanical beverages:
Whiskey Acres is an estate distillery located in DeKalb, IL that grows corn, wheat and rye and distills it into award winning bourbon, vodka and rye whiskey.
Wild Blossom Meadery & Winery creates wine and mead using locally produced ingredients, they raise their own bees and collect their own honey. Learn about the bees at The Morton Arboretum!
Lake Effect Brewery partners with The Morton Arboretum, creating our own beer (Arbor Oak Amber Ale and Joy Path Juniper Saison Ale) inspired by trees and plants from our grounds.
Included in your ticket:
One drink ticket to be redeemed at the bar and tastes of local botanical beverages, live music, games, and all the fun you can handle in the 4-acre Children's Garden.
Join us for a night of childhood fun in the Children's Garden as you explore, climb, and slide through all the wonders of our four-acre garden. All kids must be 21+ to attend.