Toast to the trees with our second-annual Craft Beer Festival on Saturday, June 6, 2015. Sip on local favorites and explore new brews from more than 45 breweries while enjoying the beautiful surroundings of The Morton Arboretum. Guest restaurants and Arboretum concessions will be available on-site for purchase. Bring a chair or lie down on a blanket to soak in the summer sun while listening to live music by 90s tribute band Run Forrest Run. This event is rain or shine; please come prepared.
2015 Event Details:
Date: Saturday, June 6, 2015
Time: 1:00-5:00 p.m., Last pour is at 4:45 p.m.
VIP Tickets: $60/members: $70/nonmembers, VIP ticket holders are admitted to event at noon.
General Admission Tickets: $40/members; $50/nonmembers,General Admission ticket holders are admitted to event at 1:00 p.m.
Designated Drive Tickets: $15/person, Designated Driver ticket holders are admitted at 1:00 p.m. If accompanying a VIP ticket holder, the Designated Driver ticket holder will be admitted at noon.
Location: Outdoors near the Visitor Center
Participating Breweries: NEW THIS YEAR! Download our app (coming soon!) for an up to date list of participating breweries and beers. Explore the app prior to the festival to help plan your experience!
*Please Note: This event is for those 21 and over. No one under the age of 21 will be admitted, including infants. No exceptions. Tickets purchased day-of (if available) will have an additional $5 fee.
Your visit helps support our mission of planting and conserving trees and other plants for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.
VIP Ticket Information:
Beat the crowd, avoid long lines, and sample special and limited release beers before they run out!
VIP Ticket Holders will receive a souvenir tasting glass, 15-3oz beer tastings, live music, and early entry to the festival at noon. NEW THIS YEAR, VIP ticket holders will receive exclusive access to five cask beers (finished in a firkin) brewed by some of Chicago's very own breweries! These beers are in very limited quantities and are only available to VIP ticket holders from 12:00 - 1:00 p.m on Saturday, June 6.
What is a firkin? A firkin or small cask is used to naturally ferment and carbonate small batch beer. Experience unfiltered cask beer much like your ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Cheers!
General Admission Ticket Information:
General admission ticket holders will receive a souvenir tasting glass, 15-3oz beer tastings, and live music entertainment. New this year! We are excited to announce that several of the breweries will pour one of their beers through a special flavor-enhancing device called a Randall. A Randall can change the flavor of the beer in the keg by infusing it with new and unique ingredients. In celebration of 2015, the year of the Oak, our festival will infuse oak chips in one or more of these beers.
Designated Driver Ticket Information:
The Morton Arboretum encourages safe driving with designated driver tickets. Designated Drivers will receive complimentary water and soda during the event. NEW THIS YEAR! Each Designated Driver ticket holders will be able to sample unique craft sodas at the event. Who says being a Designated Driver can't be fun?!?
Things To Know Before Your Visit:
- Event begins at 1:00 p.m. with early admission for VIP ticket holders at noon. Last pour is at 4:45 p.m. and event closes at 5:00 p.m.
- All ticket purchases are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Tickets must be presented at the gate for entry into the festival. Tickets puchased at the door (if available) have an additional $5 fee.
- Event takes place rain or shine. No refunds will be issued due to weather.
- Your ticket purchase includes 15-3oz beer tastings, a souvenir tasting glass, and live music entertainment. Additional tasting tickets will be available for purchase on site, $1 each, cash only.
- Valid photo ID required for entry. No one under the age of 21 will be admitted, including infants-no exceptions.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed and bags are subject to search. Food is available to purchase from onsite concessions.
- The Craft Beer Festival will be held outdoors, rain or shine. Please dress for the weather.
- The Morton Arboretum reserves the right to limit alcohol consumption and require attendees to leave the grounds due to illegal and/or inappropriate behavior.
- Seating is limited, bring a chair or blanket for relaxed outdoor seating while enjoying the live music and beautiful landscape. Live music by 90s tribute band, Run Forrest Run.
- The Morton Arboretum encourages safe driving, please designate a driver or call a taxi service.
- The Morton Arboretum is a smoke-free environment. All smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not allowed indoors or outdoors at the Arboretum.
Saturday, June 6, 2015
Visitor Center Lawn
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
VIP early admission
Members $40 advanced purchase, $45 day-of (if available)
Nonmembers $50 advanced purchase, $55 day-of (if available)
Designated Drivers $15
VIP Admission (includes exclusive early access at noon):
Members $60 advanced purchase, $65 day-of (if available)
Nonmembers $70 advanced purchase, $75 day-of (if available)
Designated Drivers $15
VIP ticket allows for early admission at noon and early access to limited release and specialty beers.