Saturday, June 25, 2016
Visitor Center Lawn
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
VIP early admission
Toast to the trees with our third-annual Craft Beer Festival on Saturday, June 25, 2016. Sip on local favorites and explore new beers from more than 40 breweries while enjoying the beautiful surroundings of The Morton Arboretum. Guest restaurants and Arboretum concessions will be available on-site for purchase. Bring a chair or lie down on a blanket to soak in the summer sun while listening to live music by the feel-good country rock band Summer Son. This event is rain or shine; please come prepared.
2016 Event Details:
Date: Saturday, June 25, 2016
Time: 1:00-5:00 p.m., Last pour is at 4:45 p.m.
VIP Tickets: $60/members: $70/nonmembers, VIP ticket holders are admitted to event at noon.
General Admission Tickets: $40/members; $50/nonmembers, General Admission ticket holders are admitted to event at 1:00 p.m.
Designated Driver Tickets: $15/person, Designated Driver ticket holders are admitted at 1:00 p.m. If accompanying a VIP ticket holder, the Designated Driver ticket holder will be admitted at noon.
Location: Outdoors near the Visitor Center
*Please Note: This event is for those 21 and over. No one under the age of 21 will be admitted, including infants. No exceptions.
Your visit helps support our mission of planting and conserving trees and other plants for a greener, healthier, and more beautiful world.
VIP Ticket Information:
Beat the crowd; avoid long lines, and sample special and limited release beers and ciders before they run out including five cask beers from the following brewers: Banging Gavel, Pollyanna, Two Brothers, Hopvine, and Werk Force. These beers finished in a firkin are brewed in very limited quantities and VIPs are guaranteed to get the first tastes.
What is a firkin? A firkin or small cask is used to naturally ferment and carbonate small batch beer. Experience unfiltered cask beer much like your ancestors did hundreds of years ago. Cheers!
New this year: VIPs will have the opportunity to be the first to sample the Arboretum’s second beer – a juniper lime saison as well as participate in a meet and greet with the brewer from Lake Effect Brewery in Chicago, Clint Bautz.
New this year: We’re introducing our first-ever Infusion Tent. At our previous festivals, we featured select beers that were poured through a special flavor-enhancing device called a Randall. This year, you can try all of these beers in one convenient location! VIPS will get first-access to these unique brews!
General Admission Ticket Information:
General admission ticket holders will receive a souvenir tasting glass, 15-3oz beer tastings, and live music entertainment.
New this year: We’re introducing our first-ever Infusion Tent. At our previous festivals, we featured select beers that were poured through a special flavor-enhancing device called a Randall. This year, you can try all of these beers in one convenient location!
Designated Driver Ticket Information:
The Morton Arboretum encourages safe driving with designated driver tickets. Designated Drivers will receive complimentary water and soda during the event.
Each Designated Driver ticket holder will be able to sample unique craft sodas from Cicero Beverage Co. Sample candied bacon cream soda or chocolate hazelnut soda-who says being a Designated Driver can't be fun?!?
2016 Participating Breweries:
51st Ward Beer Company
Around The Bend
B. Nektar Meadery
Banging Gavel Brewers
Church Street Brewing Co.
Dark Horse Brewing Co.
Finch's Beer Co.
Founders Brewing Co.
Goose Island Beer Co.
Hopvine Brewing Co.
Lagunitas Brewing Co.
Penrose Brewing Co.
Pollyanna Brewing Co.
Southern Tier Brewing Co.
Two Brothers Brewing Co.
Urban Legend Brewing Co.
Werk Force Brewing Co.
This is a preliminary list of confirmed brewers, more are being added daily, so please check back closer to the event date for complete list.
Things To Know Before Your Visit:
- Event begins at 1:00 p.m. with early admission for VIP ticket holders at noon. Last pour is at 4:45 p.m. and event closes at 5:00 p.m.
- All ticket purchases are non-refundable and non-exchangeable. Tickets must be presented at the gate for entry into the festival. Tickets puchased at the door (if available) have an additional $5 fee.
- Event takes place rain or shine. No refunds will be issued due to weather.
- Your ticket purchase includes 15-3oz beer tastings, a souvenir tasting glass, and live music entertainment. Additional tasting tickets will be available for purchase on site, $1 each, cash only.
- Valid photo ID required for entry. No one under the age of 21 will be admitted, including infants-no exceptions.
- No outside food or beverage is allowed and bags are subject to search. Food is available to purchase from onsite concessions.
- The Craft Beer Festival will be held outdoors, rain or shine. Please dress for the weather.
- The Morton Arboretum reserves the right to limit alcohol consumption and require attendees to leave the grounds due to illegal and/or inappropriate behavior.
- Seating is limited, bring a chair or blanket for relaxed outdoor seating while enjoying the live music and beautiful landscape. Live music by Summer Son, a country-rock band.
- The Morton Arboretum encourages safe driving, please designate a driver or call a taxi service.
- The Morton Arboretum is a smoke-free environment. All smoking, including electronic cigarettes, is not allowed indoors or outdoors at the Arboretum.
Members $40 advanced purchase, $45 day-of (if available)
Nonmembers $50 advanced purchase, $55 day-of (if available)
Designated Drivers $15
VIP Admission (includes exclusive early access at noon):
Members $60 advanced purchase, $65 day-of (if available)
Nonmembers $70 advanced purchase, $75 day-of (if available)
Designated Drivers $15
VIP ticket allows for early admission at noon and early access to limited release and specialty casks beers. New this year! VIPs will have a meet and greet opportunity with Clint Bautz, co-founder of Lake Effect Brewing Co. and the brewer behind The Morton Arboretum's very own beer.
Become a member and save!
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW›