The Morton Arboretum will again host the world-renowned Chicago Symphony Orchestra in a series of concerts in the summer of 2014. Last summer's concerts were packed with music lovers enjoying symphonic music amid the magnificent trees in the lovely landscape of the Arboretum.
Tickets on sale now at cso.org/morton.
Thursday, June 26 at 7:30 p.m. SOLD OUT
A Summer Night on the Red Carpet
Conductor Richard Kaufman leads the CSO in a program of excerpts from Academy Award-nominated films, including Mary Poppins, Gone with the Wind, Out of Africa, and many more.
Friday, June 27 at 7:30 p.m.
Tchaikovsky and Beethoven
Conductor Cristian Macelaru leads the CSO in a program that features masterworks from the familiar classical repertoire. The performance includes Mendelssohn’s The Hebrides Overture, Tchaikovsky’s Romeo and Juliet, and Beethoven’s Symphony No. 7.
Saturday, June 28 at 7:30 p.m.
Dvořák’s New World Symphony
Conductor Cristian Macelaru leads the CSO in a program which begins with Brahms’ Hungarian Dances Nos. 17-21, and continues with violinist Elena Urioste as soloist in Bruch’s Violin Concerto No. 1. Dvořák’s famous Symphony No.9 (From the New World) completes the program.
Plan your visit
- Patrons can enter the lawn 90 minutes prior to the concert start time.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs and blankets, as there will not be rental options. Please leave tarps, tents, beach umbrellas, and other visual obstructions at home.
- Patrons are NOT allowed to bring alcohol into the Arboretum, all bags and coolers are subject to search.
- Alcohol and food will be available for purchase at on-site concessions.
- Patrons may bring their own food and non-alcoholic beverages.
- Please leave pets, glass containers, and grills at home.
- Parking fee is $10 and is non-refundable, Morton Arboretum members will receive free parking with a valid membership card.
- Smoking and electronic cigarettes are prohibited.
Entrees & Sandwiches
Kahlua Pulled Pork
Grilled Vegetable Wrap
Mixed Green Chicken Salad
Classic Caesar Salad
Spinach Spring Salad
Fruit or Vegetable Cup
Chips and Salsa
Assorted Ice Cream
Chocolate Chip Cookie
Sam Adams Boston Lager, Rebel IPA and Summer Ale
Canyon Road Moscato, Pinot Grigio, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc
Rodney Strong Cabernet, Pinot Noir and Sauvignon Blanc
Non-Alcoholic Beverages include water, Snapple, Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and Sierra Mist
Thursday-Saturday, June 26 (SOLD OUT), 27, and 28
Thursday concert: $45
Friday and Saturday concerts: $40
Parking: $10 per vehicle
Arboretum member ticket prices are $35 for each concert and free parking. Not a member? Join today!
Please note there is a $5 per ticket processing fee.
Tickets are on sale now.
ONLINE at cso.org/morton
VISIT the CSO box office
CALL CSO Patron Services at 312-294-3000