Share unique discoveries with your youth group or scout troop during a guided adventure at The Morton Arboretum.
Fill out the youth group and scouts online form.
REGISTER NOW for Fall 2015 Programs
Caching the Wetlands
4th-8th grade | Year-round
Venture on an intermediate geocaching exploration while discovering the wonders of wetland ecosystems. Cool Cache is a prerequisite for this program.
Camping at the Cabin
All ages (all boys or all girls) | Year-round
Come to the Arboretum for an exciting indoor camping adventure. Hike and explore the night life of the woodlands and wetlands, enjoy a campfire perfect for roasting marshmallows, and discover the early-morning scenery around the Arboretum’s West Side. Note: Camping at the Cabin is in a heated building with a large bunkroom, several bathrooms, a kitchen, and large common room. For your safety, the Arboretum staff stays overnight. Each group must provide at least two troop or den leaders plus all food and beverages.
4th-8th grade | Year-round
Get ready for a guided geocaching adventure using our hand-held GPS units. Learn the basics of geocaching and explore the ecosystems at the Arboretum.
Forester and Trees
Webelos and Cadettes
Complete the requirements to earn your Forester or Trees badge. Certain activities may need to be completed with leader at future meetings.
Spring, Summer, Fall; Badge/patch not included.
Complete the requirements to earn your Naturalist badge. Certain activities may need to be completed with leader at future den meetings.
Spring, Summer, Fall; Badge/patch not included
Kindergarten-6th grade | Spring, Fall | Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Spy on nature’s night critters, find out who's croaking, prowling, hooting, and howling as you hike the moonlit trails. Please note: times vary by month - this program is offered Tuesday and Thursday evenings only; March 7:00-8:30 p.m.; April 7:45-9:15 p.m.; May 8:00-9:30 p.m.; September 7:00-8:30 p.m.; October 6:30-8 p.m.; November 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Tree House Tales Geocache
4th-8th grade | Spring, Summer, Fall
Discover the "tales" that trees have to tell, while undertaking a geocaching adventure to discover how to identify trees.
Guided adventures are available throughout the year. Please dress for the outdoors and wear sturdy shoes. Programs are not cancelled due to inclement weather such as cold, heat, rain, or wind.
Guided adventure times: most programs are 1.5 hours
- Afternoon adventures: Monday-Thursday, 4:15-5:45 p.m.
- Night spies: Tuesdays and Thursdays, evenings; March 7:00-8:30 p.m.; April 7:45-9:15 p.m.; May 8:00-9:30 p.m.; September 7:00-8:30 p.m.; October 6:30-8 p.m.; November 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday mornings adventures: Saturdays, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
- Camping at the Cabin: Friday-Saturday or Saturday-Sunday, 6:30 p.m.-9:00 a.m.
Guided adventure fees
- $150 fee includes up to 15 scouts, 4 chaperones, and a $15 non-refundable registration fee
- $250 fee includes 16-30 scouts, 8 chaperones, and a $15 non-refundable registration fee
- Patches are available for purchase at time of registration and cost $4.00 each.
- Additional chaperones are $14 per person.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance.
- Camping at the cabin is $40 per person, and a $15 non-refundable registration fee, minimum 10 people, maximum 20, patch is included