Share unique discoveries with your youth group or scout troop during a guided adventure at The Morton Arboretum.
Fill out the youth group and scouts online form.
REGISTER NOW for Fall 2015 Programs
Caching the Wetlands
4th-8th grade | Year-round
*Currently not available due to the DuPage River Restoration Project- Click HERE to learn more about this project. *
Venture on an intermediate geocaching exploration while discovering the wonders of wetland ecosystems. Cool Cache is a prerequisite for this program.
Camping at the Cabin
As of January 1, 2016, we will no longer accept reservations for Camping at the Cabin while we improve our facilities. Similar programs may be offered in the future. Check our website each season for more details on upcoming programs.
4th-8th grade | Year-round
Get ready for a guided geocaching adventure using our hand-held GPS units. Learn the basics of geocaching and explore the ecosystems at the Arboretum.
Forester and Trees
Webelos and Cadettes
Complete the requirements to earn your Forester or Trees badge. Certain activities may need to be completed with leader at future meetings.
Spring, Summer, Fall; Badge/patch not included.
Complete the requirements to earn your Naturalist badge. Certain activities may need to be completed with leader at future den meetings.
Spring, Summer, Fall; Badge/patch not included
Kindergarten-6th grade | Spring, Fall | Tuesday and Thursday evenings
Spy on nature’s night critters, find out who's croaking, prowling, hooting, and howling as you hike the moonlit trails. Please note: times vary by month - this program is offered Tuesday and Thursday evenings only; March 7:00-8:30 p.m.; April 7:45-9:15 p.m.; May 8:00-9:30 p.m.; September 7:00-8:30 p.m.; October 6:30-8 p.m.; November 5:30-7:00 p.m.
Tree House Tales Geocache
4th-8th grade | Spring, Summer, Fall
Discover the "tales" that trees have to tell, while undertaking a geocaching adventure to discover how to identify trees.
Guided adventures are available throughout the year. Please dress for the outdoors and wear sturdy shoes. Programs are not cancelled due to inclement weather such as cold, heat, rain, or wind.
Guided adventure times: most programs are 1.5 hours
- Afternoon adventures: Monday-Thursday, 4:15-5:45 p.m.
- Night spies: Tuesdays and Thursdays, evenings; March 7:00-8:30 p.m.; April 7:45-9:15 p.m.; May 8:00-9:30 p.m.; September 7:00-8:30 p.m.; October 6:30-8 p.m.; November 5:30-7:00 p.m.
- Saturday mornings adventures: Saturdays, 9:30 – 11:00 a.m.
Guided adventure fees
- $150 fee includes up to 15 scouts, 4 chaperones, and a $15 non-refundable registration fee
- $250 fee includes 16-30 scouts, 8 chaperones, and a $15 non-refundable registration fee
- Patches are available for purchase at time of registration and cost $4.00 each.
- Additional chaperones are $14 per person.
- There are no refunds for cancellations made less than 2 weeks in advance.