Instructor: Phil Riske, horticulturist/Christopher Benda, botanist
Notes: Each session includes extended time outdoors, so please dress for winter weather. Be prepared to walk over a mile off trail and on uneven surfaces. Limit 18
Supplies: A hand lens will be useful; some will be available to borrow.
Recommended Text: Winter Tree Finder, by May T. Watts and Tom Watts, $4.95, available in The Arboretum Store.
Certificate information: Recommended class for Woodland Stewardship participants
Schedule and Location
Section A: Common Urban Trees with Phil Riske (SOLD OUT)
- Registration closes at 11:59 p.m., Thursday, January 18, 2018
- Online component available beginning January 19, 2018.
- In-person component occurs on Saturday, January 27, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Section B: Trees in Natural Areas with Christopher Benda (SOLD OUT)
- Registration closes at 11:59 p.m., Thursday, January 25, 2018
- Online component available beginning January 26, 2018.
- In-person component occurs on Saturday, February 3, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Section C: Trees in Natural Areas with Christopher Benda (REGISTER BELOW)
Registration closes at noon, Thursday, February 1, 2018
Online component available beginning January 26, 2018.
In-person component occurs on Friday February 2, 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
Fees and Admission
Nonmembers: Fees include admission to the Arboretum.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW
CALL: 630-719-2468 (or to be waitlisted)
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.