Explore the world of dragonflies and other insects under the microscope. Enjoy this unique opportunity to see up close the intricacies of their wings and the beauty of their coloration. Take notes and make sketches in your sketchbook so that you can accurately draw them later if you like. We will be using specimens from the Arboretum’s and the instructor’s collections.
Instructor: Karen Johnson
Prerequisite: Begin to Draw Nature (A000) or basic drawing experience required
Notes: Held indoors. Limit 15
Supplies: Please bring:
- Pencil with sharpener or mechanical pencil
- Portable colored media of your choice. The Arboretum will have some colored pencils available for your use.
- You may wish to bring a firm pillow to sit on to make it easier to look into the microscope from your seat.
Schedule and Location
Two Thursdays, October 5 and 12, or two Saturdays, October 7 and 14, 2017, 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Section A: Thursdays, October 5 and 12 (REGISTER BELOW)
- Section B: Saturdays, October 7 and 14 (CANCELED)
Fees and Admission
Nonmembers: Fees include admission to the Arboretum.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW
CALL: 630-719-2468 (or to be waitlisted)
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.