Schedule and Location
Saturday, January 26, 2019, 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Thornhill Education Center
Fees and Registration
Browse a selection of seeds, and take home a variety to plant this spring. Bring your leftover seed packets or self-saved seeds to share. If you don’t have seeds to offer, come anyway! All are welcome to attend. We will provide supplies such as envelopes, labels, and pens. Experts will be on hand to help you with your gardening questions.
We invite you to contribute what you can! Here are some helpful guidelines:
- Edible and ornamental seeds welcome.
- Bring open seed packets from the garden store.
- Bring seeds you have saved in a clearly labeled baggie or envelope.
- Do not bring seeds collected from hybrid plants, as they won't grow true to type.
- Bring seed that is viable--in other words, not too old! Most seeds will remain viable for 2-4 years if kept in a cool, dry place, out of the light. Some seeds (onions, leeks, parsnips, celery, spinach) are only good for a year unless stored especially well.
- Make sure your seeds are clearly labeled with crop type, variety name, and the date they were packaged/harvested.
Join us for a full day of spectacular programming!
Notes: Held indoors. Limit 150