Sign up for the Seed Saving Workshop from 10:00 a.m. to noon and get early access to the swap!
We invite you to contribute what you can! Here are some helpful guidelines:
- Edible and ornamental seeds welcome!
- Bring open seed packets from the garden store.
- Bring seeds you have saved in a clearly labeled baggie or envelope.
- Do not bring seeds collected from hybrid plants, as they won't grow true to type.
- Bring seed that is viable--in other words, not too old! Most seeds will remain viable for 2-4 years if kept in a cool, dry place, out of the light. Some seeds (onions, leeks, parsnips, celery, spinach) are only good for a year unless stored especially well.
- Make sure your seeds are clearly labeled with crop type, variety name, and the date they were packaged/harvested.
Notes: Held indoors. Limit 150
Saturday, January 21, 2017, noon to 3:00 p.m.
Thornhill Education Center
Nonmembers: Free with Arboretum admission.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.