The Morton Arboretum Urban Tree Conference
November 18 and 19, 2014
Register now to learn how you can help your urban forest and your community prepare for the effects of climate change at The Morton Arboretum Urban Tree Conference, “Managing Urban Forests in a Changing Climate,” November 18 and 19, 2014, in Lisle, Illinois.
This two-day conference will focus on practical concerns for those who manage trees in cities and suburbs, such as how the changes in climate are expected to affect trees’ biology and growing conditions; shifts and increases in pests and diseases; managing for extreme storms and severe drought; and how trees can help communities adapt to conditions such as greater stormwater loads. The conference is presented in partnership with the Northern Institute of Applied Climate Science and the USDA Forest Service.
Speakers will include:
• Donald J. Wuebbles, leader, U.S. National Climate Assessment, on climate change predictions for urban environments
• Peter MacDonagh, landscape architect, Kestrel Design Group, on trees and stormwater management
• Mark Rudnicki, forest ecologist, University of Connecticut, on preparing for extreme storms
• Bryant Scharenbroch, soil scientist, The Morton Arboretum, on urban soils
• Louis Iverson, landscape ecologist, USDA Forest Service, on predicted changes in tree species’ ranges
• David Nowak, urban forestry researcher, USDA Forest Service, on the future climate for urban trees
• Gary Johnson, urban forestry researcher, University of Minnesota, on growing and planting strategies
This conference is aimed at municipal foresters and other local officials; arborists; landscape contractors; landscape architects; and other professionals who own, care for, or plan for urban forests. It will take place at the beautiful 1,700-acre grounds of The Morton Arboretum, a world-renowned tree museum and center of research on tree science and tree care.
ISA Continuing Education Units (CEUs) will be available. If you are looking for continuing education credit from other professional organizations, please contact the Registrar's Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-719-2468 (M-F, 9:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.) to let them know which organization you are seeking credit for.
Visiting the Arboretum
The conference hotel is the Hyatt Lisle:
1400 Corporetum Drive, Lisle, IL 60532
The room block has been closed, please call 630-852-1234 to reserve a room at the Hyatt Lisle. Room Block closed Wednesday, 10/29.
From the Arboretum, drive south on Route 53 just past Warrenville Road and turn right
Tuesday, November 18, and Wednesday, November 19, 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
The Morton Arboretum
Thornhill Education Center
4100 Illinois Route 53, Lisle, IL
(at Interstate Highway 88 and Interstate Highway 355)
Two Day Registration: $195.00 Early Bird (extended to November 14), $220.00 Regular (after November 15)
One Day Registration: $110.00 Early Bird (extended to November 14), $125.00 Regular (after November 15)
Student Two-Day: $95
Student One-Day: $50 (Please contact the Registrars’ Office at 630-719-2468 or email@example.com for student pricing.)
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW