Instructor: Brenda Spitzer, certified Nature and Forest Therapy Guide
Notes: Held entirely outdoors, rain, snow or shine. Dress appropriately for the weather. Layers of clothing are recommended. Max 15.
Supplies: Dress for the outdoors; we’ll be spending the entire time outside. Layers recommended: a light synthetic layer closest to your skin,fleece or sweater, and warm coat, warm pants, heavy wool socks and waterproof, insulated shoes or boots. Hat, scarf and gloves also recommended.
Water or a warm drink, snack also suggested. Optional suggestions; mat or portable camp chair, journals and/ or sketchbooks.
Recommended ages: For Adults, ages 18 and over
Schedule and Location
(9:30 to 11:15 a.m.)
- Section D: Saturday, May 26, Prairie Visitor Station, P-25
- Section E: Monday, June 11, Big Rock Visitor Station, P-13
- Section F: Saturday, June 23, at P-29
New addition for spring
(6:00 to 7:45 p.m.)
Big Rock Visitor Station, P-13
- Section G: Wednesday, June 6,
Wednesdays (6:00 to 7:45 p.m.)
- Section A: July 11, P-29
- Section B: August 8, Prairie Visitor Station, P-25
Mondays (9:30 to 11:15 a.m.)
- Section C: July 9, Big Rock Visitor Station, P-13
- Section D: August 6, Prairie Visitor Station, P-25
- Section E: September 10, Big Rock Visitor Station, P-13
Saturdays (9:30 to 11:15 a.m.)
- Section F: July 28, P-29
- Section G: August 25, P-21
- Section H: September 29, Prairie Visitor Station, P-25
Fees and Admission
Nonmembers: Fees include admission to the Arboretum.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 (or to be waitlisted, M-F, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
IN PERSON: Stop by Visitor Center during open hours.
Weather Cancellation Hotline
Classes run rain or shine unless there is a threat of server weather. If severe weather is forecast please call 630-719-7979 for updates on weather related cancellations.