Search the woods, fields, and edges of the Arboretum for birds. Join us to learn about migrants and year-round resident birds with an expert guide. Please be prepared to spend most of the class outdoors; no prior experience in birding is necessary.
Notes: Held entirely outdoors. Please dress for the weather and wear comfortable walking shoes. Limit 20
Supplies: Binoculars and a field guide will be useful. A small number of binoculars will be available for check out on a first come first served basis.
Recommended ages: Children ages 12 and up welcome with adult registrant.
Schedule and Location
Saturdays, January 20, February 17, or March 17, 2018, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m.
Thornhill Education Center
- Section A: January 20 with Phyllis Mertz
- Section B: February 17 with Phyllis Mertz
- Section C: March 17 with Vicky Sroczynski
Saturdays, April 21, May 5, May 19, or June 16, 2018, 8:00 to 10:30 a.m.
- Section A: April 21 with Ron Skleney at Thornhill Shelter
- Section B: May 5 with Jay Sturner at Big Rock Visitor Station
- Section C: May 19 with Vicky Sroczynski at Thornhill Shelter
- Section D: June 16 with Phyllis Mertz Thornhill Shelter
Fees and Admission
Nonmembers: Fees include admission to the Arboretum.
ONLINE: REGISTER NOW
CALL: 630-719-2468 (or to be wait listed)
IN PERSON: Stop by the Visitor Center during open hours.