The exhibit features artifacts from the library’s special collection relating to famous plant hunters, and it explores modern conservation efforts by scientists at the Arboretum. Tuesdays-Saturdays, during regular library hours.
Calendar of events
- See trees in a different light at Illumination, our interactive experience filled with dazzling projections, trees that respond to your touch and voice, and vivid, electric colors throughout, November 20, 2015 through January 2, 2016
- When there is four inches or more of snow on the ground at The Morton Arboretum, trails are available to cross-country ski or snowshoe. Daily, December 5, 2015 - March 6, 2016. Weekdays, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. and Weekends, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Join us in the Sterling Morton Library for this popular and interactive story time! Best for ages 3-5 with adult. Wednesdays and Fridays November 2015 through March 2016, 11:00-11:45 a.m.
- Take a hike through the Children’s Garden to hunt for all of the hiding gnomes, then create a keepsake, light-up gnome home of your own! Saturdays and Sundays November 2015-March 2016, 11:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Meet nationally recognized jewelry artists of Patricia Locke at The Arboretum Store on Saturday, December 19, 2015. The artists will be in store from noon to 2:00 p.m. The trunk show ends at 3:00 p.m.