Beyond Buckthorn: Best Practices in Invasive Species Management Restoration Forum
Threats from invasive species are some of the biggest challenges facing our natural areas today. Share your experiences and insights into invasive species management with other professionals at a two-day event at The Morton Arboretum.
Saturday, September 13– Sunday, September 14
Thornhill Education Center
Join fellow restoration practitioners and professionals—natural resource managers, volunteer stewards, and industry partners—and explore practical strategies and new approaches to getting the upper hand on invasive species. Saturday, September 13, will be a full day of discussions and roundtables followed by field excursions on Sunday, September 14.
Topics will include:
- New invaders, their ecological impacts, and management practices
- Site management strategies for tough invaders: Case studies and what really works
- Management tips and tricks for our most challenging species
- New approaches to herbicide application
- Replanting strategies: Life after invasive control
- Collaborative partners: Who will help me get the work done?
- Networking opportunities
Not a member? Join or renew now.